Joining 55 smaller workshops, a national enterprise Borocrystal was created in 1945. In 1953, it expanded and changed into the state branch enterprise Borské sklo. A significant step was joining several workshops in generously built premises in Nový Bor in 1967.
In 1974, this enterprise received the new name Crystalex that is derived from the term “Bohemia Crystal Glass”. This glass, in every aspect, offers incomparably better utility and aesthetic characteristics than the other glasses. It is more gleaming, more limpid, and more resistant as well.
The present owner, who bought the plant in Nový Bor and also the Moravian plant in Karolinka in 2009, aimed his investments to continue the image of Czech glass and created a prosperous company in Nový Bor, which is a significant regional employer, too.
Furthermore, contemporary name of the company Crystalex CZ follows the market-tested tradition and quality. New, professionally managed company has actively returned to foreign markets, and it showed a multimillion profit already in 2010.